||NESA Prep Op/Excel is a prep-opt/excel gymnastics team program specifically designed for the NESA gymnasts who want to compete, but want an alternate to the traditional J.O level system (1-10), and want less of a time commitment.|
We use all the national rules for the Excel Program based on 5 levels of competition, for ages 6-18 at meets and a state meet with a minimum of 2 sanctioned meet attendances.
Basic 4 skills bar routine, rolls, cartwheels and roundoffs dominate. Similar to level 3/4
Medium 8 skill bar routine including kip(s), jump to high bar, handspring ariels, saltos on floor. Similar to level 4/5
Medium 12 skill bar routine including flyaway, advancing vaults allowed including handsprings and twisting with more connected elements on floor/ beam. Similar to level 6
Higher level 12 skill bar routine including casts to 3/4 handstand, higher tumbling with more elements floor/beam. Similar to level 7/8
Highest level bar routine including pirouettes and giants, flipping vaults, twisting tumbling and advanced dance on floor/beam. Similar to level 9
Team Gymnastics: 6 years Amherst Regionals HS, Amherst, MA
Parent of 2 competitive team gymnasts:
- 30 + years coaching gymnastics- infants to adults, recreational through elite.
- Founder/director island gymnastics training school, Inc. A non-profit gym on Martha's Vineyard Since 1990.
- Has coached at: Mass Gym Center, Brestyans, Sterling, GTC, USGTC, UMASS Sportscamp, and US Academy.
- Other Sports: basketball, rowing, softball, swimming,
Thomas US Naval Academy Menís Division 1 Gymnastics (19 yrs. old)
Macayah (Level 9) (15 years old)
- USA Safety Certified since 1990
- Pro Member (USA Gymnastics) since 1985
- Standard First Aid & Lifeguard art am Red Cross since 1984
- US Olympic Training Center, Future Stars Seminars 2003-2005
- MA Sports Psychology- Capdla University 2007
- USA Gymnastics Meet Certified