||WHAT IS INDOOR PARKDAY PLUS?|
Indoor Parkday Plus (IPP) aims to become a center for homeschool community life in the Greater Boston area, especially during the colder months. IPP combines the best aspects of homeschool Park Days and Game Days, plus STEM and sports classes, resources for parents, and more. Our offerings are shaped around the preferences of participating families, and we do all we can to make homeschooling a richer, easier, and more social experience for everyone, parents included.
WHY COME TO INDOOR PARKDAY PLUS?
• Community! Both kids and parents can meet up with friends. PLUS: Play board games; Organize your own clubs/workshops/activities using our facilities.
• Physical Activity! Kids can run, jump, climb, balance and play in our supervised, full-size gym, complete with trampolines and giant foam pit. PLUS: Take sports classes; Enjoy a preschool gym specially designed for younger kids.
• Resources for Parents! Use the fitness room, or take advantage of NESA’s high-speed WiFi to get some work done. PLUS: Browse through our library of homeschool-related books; Go run errands (if your kids are all in class); Send your kids to Homework Club to reduce battles over book-work.
• Affordability! IPP costs $70 per family, per month, so a family with one child pays only $4.38 per hour for access to all that IPP has to offer. If you have several kids, who participate in the classes, it’s an even better deal. PLUS, this rate is a savings of 30% of the amount you would otherwise pay for your family to attend open gym four times a month.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with IPP in the subject line.
IPP meets on Wednesdays, October through April. Families pay per month, and can sign up for as many months as suit their schedule. Each child can choose how to spend his or her time at IPP, according to the schedule of options below.
Open Gym (big gym): 10:30am-2:30pm
Open Gym (preschool) 11:30am-2:30pm
Lego® Challenges: 12:30pm-2:30pm
Homework Club: 1:30pm-2:30pm
Spaces for board games and other group/club meetings: 10:30am-2:30pm
Note: We will offer the classes listed above in October and November 2015. From December 2015 onwards, we will tailor our classes to the interests of participating families. Please check the website for current offerings!
YOUR COMMUNITY, YOUR IDEAS!
We really do want this program to become a gathering-point for the homeschool community, and to make it possible for small groups to do all kinds of activities that it might otherwise be difficult to find a space for. Small groups may reserve a variety of meeting spaces, at no additional charge, to run activities of their own. Girl scouts? Debate society? Minecraft club? Writer’s workshops? First Lego® League teams? Yoga? NESA’s facilities include:
• A brand-new, fully-equipped Lego lab
• A brand-new, state-of-the-art computer lab
• Three small classrooms
• Various open meeting spaces
What else would you like to see happening here? If you have an idea of something you’d like to see added to the program, or changed, or expanded, please let us know!! Email email@example.com, with IPP in the subject line.